Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2013

Ypres

I'm finally in Ypres after over a day of flying, driving and airport walking. It's a very cute town with old fashioned narrow cobblestone streets.

It's almost 9 in the morning and I can tell you what luxury it was sleeping horizontally for a change!

Today we're visiting world war 1 battlefield site around here with our tour guide Sylvestre - who seems very nice. We'll be visiting Messines Ridge, Ploegsteert Wood and we'll be crossing the border to France!!!

Everything still seems pretty surreal. I still can't believe I'm here in Belgium. The countryside is so pretty and everything is so green, unlike Australia.

What a fantastic view we have from our hotel room!!! The church bells were ringing earlier and I can hear birds twittering now. The croissants for breakfast were amazing. What a perfect way to start the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment